Bixenon Kit – Morimoto XB Series
Morimoto’s XB Bixenon Kit 50W is often regarded as being among the best HID aftermarket conversion kits available. Of course you will find an abundance of cheaper HID kits online. However, in the HID world, you usually get what you pay for. This is the same as the 35W version, besides the 15W extra output from the ballasts resulting in 1000 more lumens of output.
What is it which makes the Morimoto Bixenon Kit so great?
Morimoto HID Ballasts
First of all, Morimoto’s XB ballasts are included in the Morimoto Low Beam HID Kit. XB Ballasts feature an industrial-edge design on the outside which gives them a classy, OEM appearance. Furthermore, at the heart of an XB ballast, is an ultra reliable DSP 3.0 circuit delivering optimal input and output efficiency. With that winning combination, these ballasts will get your system up an running brilliantly, while simultaneously looking damn great doing it.
Morimoto HID Bulbs
The most recent Morimoto XB bulbs produce eye-catching results when installed in projector-based headlights. If that wasn’t enough, with perfectly aligned 100% Philips Quarts glass and high-quality halide salts these bulbs can stand toe to toe with the best on the market.
Morimoto Relay Harnesses
Morimoto HD Relay Harness features a all-new completely sealed double 40A Relays, 14 gauge stranded copper wire wrapped in durable black tech-flex mesh that looks like a factory harness once installed. No cutting or splicing here: there are only five connections and they’re all plug-n-play.
In case you have one of those vehicles that display “bulb out” error messsages, we offer an optional Standalone Canbus relay. Since these systems detect a difference in bulb resistance, canbus relays contain a series of capacitors and resistors to trick the system. As a result the canbus relay will bypass those annoying lamp-out warnings on the dash.
Finally, let’s not forget the 3-year warranty on the entire kit. The Elite system is designed to run for 2000 hours, hence it’s guaranteed for 3 years.
- 2x Ballasts: Morimoto XB55
- 2x Igniters: Morimoto XB AMP
- 2x Bulbs: Morimoto XB HID bulbs in 9003/h4, 9004/9007, or 9008/H13
- 1x Wire Harness: MotoControl Relay or Canbus Relay,
- Warranty: Five Years for XB35, 3 years for XB55 (Excludes moisture damage on ballasts)
- HID Bulbs: For 9003/h4, 9004/9007, or 9008/H13 fitment only. Check size
- HID Ballasts: For 9-32V Electrical Systems
- HD Relay: For most applications
- Standalone Canbus Relay: For cars with “lamp out” warnings
- Wire Harness: Match your original bulb size
- Vehicles: Universal Fit (may require modification)
- Input Voltage: DC 9-32V
- Output Voltage: AC 85V 35/50W
- Max Voltage: 25KV (at start-up)
- Rated Lifetime: 2500 hours (XB35)
- Rated Lifetime: 2000 hours (XB55)
- 3K Kelvin Range: Golden Yellow (~2800 lumens)
- 4K Kelvin Range: Warm White (~3100 lumens)
- 5K Kelvin Range: Pure White (3000 lumens)
- 6K Kelvin Range: Cool White (2900 lumens)
- XB55 50W Ballasts: (+20% intensity) (-20% lifespan)(-1000K color)